Warm, bright summer is here with promises of long vacations, beach getaways, pool parties and more! And we do need to plan what all things to pack and how. It is the same with jewelry…a bit of care and caution is needed when we carry ornaments while going places.
- If you are headed for the beach, then sunbathe without your jewelry. Applying sunscreen or other lotions usually coats the gemstones and reduces their reflective and refractive power. Which makes them sparkle less. Also, clean your valuables regularly.
- Also remove all your precious bling before entering a hot tub or a swimming pool. Just like salt water of the sea, the chlorine water too, can harm or discolor metals like gold or platinum and polish of gemstones.
- If you pack your jewelry all together, they might get jumbled. Bracelets or rings can get tangled with chains, a diamond piece can scratch a pearl and so on. To prevent any kind of damage, use our efficient organizers to keep each piece in a different slot and cushioned against soft lining. Check out more: http://tinyurl.com/uberlyfe-jewellery-care
- Always make sure that the hotel you check into, has a safe deposit vault. Keep your valuables there. Never leave your fine jewelry unattended in the hotel room, car rental or in the lounge, even for a few moments!
- If you are shopping for jewelry in a new destination on your trip, do make sure that the seller has good reputation and has been in business for many years. It might also help to check their ratings or reviews.
- Get your jewelry professionally cleaned by a reputed jeweler, after coming back from your vacation. This will help maintain their luster and shine.
- If you take along an expensive piece of ornament on your holiday, like your wedding ring, family heirloom or a valuable watch, then ensure that it is fully insured. Consult an insurance agent before going on your trip.
Photo courtesies: Uberlyfe, Robert’s Jewellery, Style Caster, Wisegeek, Gallery Hip, Observer, Blue Marlinins