Not having enough space in your home, should not discourage you from starting a family! A renowned furniture design company has come up with unique, creatively designed furniture to keep your bundle of joy, comfortable 🙂 And they effectively save on the floor area too! Check them out…
Stylish cushioned sleek rocker, high chairs that use space smartly, fold-able cribs and compact table and chair sets for toddlers. So making room for the new baby is now a cakewalk, isn’t it? We think so 🙂
Photo credit: Trend Hunter
When the summer heat makes you go crazy don’t you wish you could be in some place icy cool? It’s true that turning on the air conditioner will lessen your misery…but why not go a step ahead and create a winter wonderland in your bedroom? Let us show you how…
Check out these bedrooms here; see how the penguin wall décor gets half the job done. It makes the room look like Antarctica! See more: http://tinyurl.com/kv4tr3w
The color of your walls can contribute in a major way, when it comes to creating the snowy, chilly ambiance…artificial, shimmering, silvery snowflakes hanging from the ceiling looks simply awesome!
You can go for a combination of different shades of blue and white while choosing the bedding, blankets or cushions…it will enhance the general feel of the room. Kids will specially love the ones with “cool” motifs on them like igloos, penguins, polar bears or snow. Digital prints on plain sheets or covers are also another option. If the color of the curtains and furniture follow the same rule, like maybe white bed or dresser and pale blue curtains…it will be amazing.
This bed shaped like an igloo, will definitely steal the show in any “ice age” bedroom! You can either look for one or get it done…
Some not so big, but fun décor or utility pieces can do wonders too…large stuffed toys, clocks or night lights designed like penguins, faux fur polar rugs, willow bear chair, quirky doorknobs and much more!
So now that you have already got a peek into the world of snow, you will know what elements to bring together and create your own magic. Needless to say, we are already going brrrr… 🙂
Photo courtesy: “Kids Theme Rooms” and “Theme Room Ideas”
Designing a dream nursery for your baby is a wonderful adventure and you should be able to enjoy it! Don’t let the stress of financial planning overwhelm it…we have some tips on how you can decide on what to buy, the decor and what is important:
- Wall décor – using decals is a great but inexpensive way to brighten up dull, blank walls. They are easy to apply, removable, leave no sticky residue and can be re-positioned easily. So you can keep changing the designs as your tiny tot grows up, keeping pace with his choice and interests. Bold, bright colors and simple, well defined motifs help in nurturing the power of recognition and imagination in a baby. See more: http://tinyurl.com/kzeqlye ; http://tinyurl.com/lk8qm7a
- Multifunctional furniture – choose pieces which can be used for different purposes. For example, a dresser which can be used as a changing table or a crib that can later on be converted into a bed! A rocking chair is perfect for nursing and you won’t have to get rid of it in future. Such furniture is good investment…
- Storage – Simple shelves or cubbies will not burn a hole in your pocket. Abundant use of colorful bins can keep the clutter at bay and store toys, books, clothes and more! They are excellent for teaching kids, how to organize stuff, use space wisely and improve his cognitive skills. See more: http://tinyurl.com/qjyvg7e
- Gifts and Hand me downs – many parents have a lot of stuff that their baby has outgrown and they will be more than happy to give it to you. Say yes to such items if they are in good condition. Will save you a lot of unnecessary expense.
- Stick to the budget planned – no matter how much you love those cute little clothes or toys, resist the urge to splurge! Most of these things, your baby won’t need after some time. Buy what you really need.
- Do it yourself – there are many fun projects which you can try and unleash your creativity. Try your hand at sewing, painting, making craft items and see how unique they look!
- Be safe – this should be the prime concern while planning the nursery. Any furniture or decor that you choose should not pose any health hazard to the apple of your eye.
So, plan wisely, follow simple tricks and cherish this amazing phase of your life 🙂
Photo courtesy: “The Bump” and “iVillage”