The joy that parenthood brings, is priceless! And is there anything in the world you would not give to the apple of your eyes, if he asked for it? Obviously, you will want to give him everything…even the moon!
And that’s not just a saying, you can make it a reality with this crescent moon shaped crib created by a French wood designer.
The crib is very comfortable and peaceful and is sure to induce a good night’s sleep. The string of lights lends a starry look to the decor and will appeal to the baby’s imagination and curiosity. What we think will go fabulously well with this innovative piece is, our “Sweet Dreams” wall decal…
See more here: http://tinyurl.com/oq33f8r
So there you go…all set to transport not only your baby, but also yourself to fairyland 🙂
Photo courtesy for the crib: Trend Hunter
Designing a dream nursery for your baby is a wonderful adventure and you should be able to enjoy it! Don’t let the stress of financial planning overwhelm it…we have some tips on how you can decide on what to buy, the decor and what is important:
- Wall décor – using decals is a great but inexpensive way to brighten up dull, blank walls. They are easy to apply, removable, leave no sticky residue and can be re-positioned easily. So you can keep changing the designs as your tiny tot grows up, keeping pace with his choice and interests. Bold, bright colors and simple, well defined motifs help in nurturing the power of recognition and imagination in a baby. See more: http://tinyurl.com/kzeqlye ; http://tinyurl.com/lk8qm7a
- Multifunctional furniture – choose pieces which can be used for different purposes. For example, a dresser which can be used as a changing table or a crib that can later on be converted into a bed! A rocking chair is perfect for nursing and you won’t have to get rid of it in future. Such furniture is good investment…
- Storage – Simple shelves or cubbies will not burn a hole in your pocket. Abundant use of colorful bins can keep the clutter at bay and store toys, books, clothes and more! They are excellent for teaching kids, how to organize stuff, use space wisely and improve his cognitive skills. See more: http://tinyurl.com/qjyvg7e
- Gifts and Hand me downs – many parents have a lot of stuff that their baby has outgrown and they will be more than happy to give it to you. Say yes to such items if they are in good condition. Will save you a lot of unnecessary expense.
- Stick to the budget planned – no matter how much you love those cute little clothes or toys, resist the urge to splurge! Most of these things, your baby won’t need after some time. Buy what you really need.
- Do it yourself – there are many fun projects which you can try and unleash your creativity. Try your hand at sewing, painting, making craft items and see how unique they look!
- Be safe – this should be the prime concern while planning the nursery. Any furniture or decor that you choose should not pose any health hazard to the apple of your eye.
So, plan wisely, follow simple tricks and cherish this amazing phase of your life 🙂
Photo courtesy: “The Bump” and “iVillage”