Most kids simply love dinosaurs! They think the creatures of the lost world were scary but awesome…and just being able to pronounce those difficult names seems like an achievement in itself! So what do you think is the best way of introducing those giant, prehistoric monsters to your little one? How about a dinosaur themed nursery?
Here are some really cool ideas we gathered to help you “go back in time”…
A smart way of instantly giving a “Jurassic” feel to the baby’s room is through a wall decal! It’s a very creative method of setting the mood…see more: http://tinyurl.com/penn3xz
A customized shelf designed like a dinosaur will serve wonderfully as unconventional storage! Similarly a dinosaur shaped rug is perfect for your growing baby to go on a crawling expedition 🙂
A dinosaur fanatic can never say “no” to these awesome bedding where the giants from a bygone era, roam peacefully…you can also get similar designs on curtains or storage bins.
When it comes to themed decor, even the smallest things can make a huge impact! Funky dinosaur knobs for drawers, enticing felt crib mobiles and quirky wall hooks will enhance the look and feel of the nursery beautifully.
You don’t need to stick only to the above ideas…get innovative and go on a “time travel” to bring together things which will delight your bundle of joy!
Photo courtesy: HGTV, Pinterest, Decorative Bedroom
Making the process of learning, fun for kids is an art! How many times have you faced the concern that your little chipmunk does everything but study? Maybe he finds it boring or not stimulating enough…maybe he needs some creative, more interactive way to enjoy the fruit of knowledge 🙂
Now we know that there is a whole range of products in the market which are dedicated to appeal to the inquisitiveness of kids. But we think there is particularly one which provides a constant motivation to learn even for a baby! Alphabet wall decals…easy to apply on the nursery wall maybe near the crib, these are bound to make your little one curious.
Available in bold, vibrant colors and sometimes with animal motifs (Elephant for E, Vulture for V and so on), these are both visually and mentally inspiring! See more on: http://tinyurl.com/o3lb3so; http://tinyurl.com/prwuwt3
Designing a dream nursery for your baby is a wonderful adventure and you should be able to enjoy it! Don’t let the stress of financial planning overwhelm it…we have some tips on how you can decide on what to buy, the decor and what is important:
- Wall décor – using decals is a great but inexpensive way to brighten up dull, blank walls. They are easy to apply, removable, leave no sticky residue and can be re-positioned easily. So you can keep changing the designs as your tiny tot grows up, keeping pace with his choice and interests. Bold, bright colors and simple, well defined motifs help in nurturing the power of recognition and imagination in a baby. See more: http://tinyurl.com/kzeqlye ; http://tinyurl.com/lk8qm7a
- Multifunctional furniture – choose pieces which can be used for different purposes. For example, a dresser which can be used as a changing table or a crib that can later on be converted into a bed! A rocking chair is perfect for nursing and you won’t have to get rid of it in future. Such furniture is good investment…
- Storage – Simple shelves or cubbies will not burn a hole in your pocket. Abundant use of colorful bins can keep the clutter at bay and store toys, books, clothes and more! They are excellent for teaching kids, how to organize stuff, use space wisely and improve his cognitive skills. See more: http://tinyurl.com/qjyvg7e
- Gifts and Hand me downs – many parents have a lot of stuff that their baby has outgrown and they will be more than happy to give it to you. Say yes to such items if they are in good condition. Will save you a lot of unnecessary expense.
- Stick to the budget planned – no matter how much you love those cute little clothes or toys, resist the urge to splurge! Most of these things, your baby won’t need after some time. Buy what you really need.
- Do it yourself – there are many fun projects which you can try and unleash your creativity. Try your hand at sewing, painting, making craft items and see how unique they look!
- Be safe – this should be the prime concern while planning the nursery. Any furniture or decor that you choose should not pose any health hazard to the apple of your eye.
So, plan wisely, follow simple tricks and cherish this amazing phase of your life 🙂
Photo courtesy: “The Bump” and “iVillage”